Xanax Retard 2MG
The active substance in Xanax Retard 2MG is alprazolam.
Xanax Retard 2MG (Alprazolam) belongs to the benzodiazepines . It has a calming, muscle relaxant and reduces anxiety. Doctors prescribe it for anxiety and anxiety, panic disorder and social phobia .
Anxiety and anxiety
Everyone is sometimes anxious. Fear is a normal reaction to imminent danger. It leads to caution or flight, so it is a useful form of self-protection. Sometimes someone is anxious when there is little reason to do so, for example if you do not dare to go outside or do not dare to go shopping in a busy store. We then speak of an anxiety disorder. Anxiety often causes complaints such as headaches, stomach aches, sleeping problems and irritability. Intense anxiety can cause: palpitations, tightness, sweating, chest pain, tremors, a feeling of fainting or tingling in the limbs.
Treatment Xanax Retard 2MG
You can use this medicine for a few days to weeks in case of anxiety and tension due to severe events. Do the anxiety and tension last longer or is there a psychological cause? Then they are usually treated with psychotherapy or with antidepressants.
Operation Xanax Retard 2MG
Alprazolam dampens emotions and thus has a calming effect when you are anxious or tense. This also reduces physical complaints, such as palpitations, abdominal pain, tremors and sweating, which are often accompanied by anxiety and tension. This medication is a temporary relief for these symptoms. However, it does not solve the cause of your tension. It can be useful for very intense emotions and for a short period of time.
Effect Xanax Retard 2MG
You will become calmer within half to one hour after taking it. This effect lasts for six to eight hours. A delayed-release tablet works for 12 to 24 hours. After a few weeks, there is a chance that you have become dependent on the drug. You will notice this from withdrawal symptoms when you stop swallowing, such as anxiety, headaches, muscle pain, insomnia, restlessness and irritability. Therefore, do not use this medicine for longer than a few weeks.
Panic disorder Symptoms Xanax Retard 2MG
Panic attacks also cause physical symptoms such as sweating, tremors, dizziness, nausea, weak legs, chest pain and palpitations. The attacks can give the feeling of dying or going mad. In a panic disorder, people have unusually strong panic attacks. The attacks rule their lives. Just the thought of a panic attack can lead to panic. People try to avoid situations in which a panic attack occurs. Sometimes it is no longer possible to go to work or go outside (fear of the street) for fear of a new attack.
If the complaints occur extremely often and are very severe, they can greatly reduce your well-being and that of the people in your environment. The treatment of panic disorder consists of behavioral therapy, often combined with an antidepressant, such as fluvoxamine, paroxetine, clomipramine or imipramine. Alprazolam is sometimes given at the beginning of treatment with one of these antidepressants. It takes a few weeks before these have sufficient effect. In the meantime, alprazolam will reduce the number of panic attacks. Occasionally the antidepressants do not work sufficiently after a few weeks. Then the doctor sometimes prescribes alprazolam instead.
Operation Xanax Retard 2MG
Alprazolam has a calming effect and reduces anxiety. This makes you less likely to panic. It works within half an hour to one hour after taking it and this effect lasts for six to eight hours. A delayed-release tablet works for 12 to 24 hours.
Social Phobia Symptoms Xanax Retard 2MG
In social phobia, people have an extreme and unhealthy fear of criticism from others. One suffers from physical symptoms such as tremors, sweating, flushing and palpitations. Everyone suffers from this to a minor extent.
Treatment Xanax Retard 2MG
If the complaints occur extremely often, your doctor may opt for continuous treatment with a drug from the antidepressant group, in addition to discussions with a psychiatrist or psychologist (behavioral therapy). If this has insufficient effect, the doctor can prescribe alprazolam.
Effect Xanax retard
Alprazolam has a calming effect and reduces anxiety. This makes you react less violently to situations that are socially threatening to you. You will become calmer within half to one hour after taking it. This effect lasts for 6-8 hours. A delayed-release tablet works for 12-24 hours.
Xanax Retard 2MG side effects
The main side effects are the following. Regularly , especially during the first weeks of use
- Drowsiness, fatigue and, less often, sleepiness . This reduces your ability to react and concentrate, which increases the risk of accidents. For example, accidents can occur in traffic, when climbing a ladder, operating equipment or during surveillance and control activities. But you are also more likely to fall if you have to get out of bed at night to go to the toilet.
Rarely, especially during the first weeks of use
- Impaired coordination. This may make you clumsy in your movements and have difficulty speaking (articulating) clearly.
- Muscle weakness and feeling of weakness in muscles . This side effect can cause the following other complaints. Blurred or double vision due to a temporary effect on the eye muscles. Urinary incontinence or difficulty in passing urine. These side effects are caused by insufficient control of the bladder muscle. Snoring due to the weakening of the uvula. During your sleep, have you ever had problems with your breath stopping for a short time ( sleep apnea )? You may be more affected by this medicine. Contact your doctor if you notice this. Fallespecially because this drug also decreases coordination. Especially the elderly and people with muscle diseases have a chance of this. People with myasthenia gravis (a serious muscle disease) may be more prone to this disease. Consult your doctor if symptoms get worse (such as general muscle weakness, double vision, closing eyelids, difficulty swallowing, chewing or breathing).
- Slower thinking , memory problems, difficulty concentrating, less alert and confusion. These complaints may increase if you use this medicine for a longer period of time.
- Decrease in feelings. This drug not only flattens emotions such as fear and tension, but also positive ones, such as happiness and satisfaction. Your involvement and empathy for others can also diminish.
- Gastrointestinal disorders , such as nausea, constipation and diarrhea, dry mouth or extra saliva, and problems swallowing, and changed appetite, namely more or less appetite. This also changes body weight.
- Headache and dizziness. These side effects usually go away after some time as you get used to the drug.
- Sweating and palpitations.
- Dry eyes. Especially people with contact lenses can suffer from dry eyes.
- Rash and itching . Usually this is harmless, but (very rarely) the symptoms can be serious. If the rash looks unusual, if it affects you, or if you also develop a fever or blisters, see your doctor.
- Dependence. You may experience withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking it. The chance of this is very small with short-term use. People who use this drug for more than two months in a row have a high chance of this. Therefore, always taper off gradually if you have been taking this medicine for more than two months.
- Vivid dreams or nightmares, usually in the early morning.
- Unrest and irritability . So opposite symptoms than you would expect from this drug. Can also delusions and hallucinations occur. Children and the elderly are especially sensitive to these side effects. Consult the doctor in case of these symptoms. A lower dose or a different drug may be needed.
- Memory loss of events that occur while you are taking this drug. For example, night events.
- Depressed feelings can be revealed.
- Less sex drive .
Consult your doctor if you experience too much of any of the above side effects or if you experience any other side effects that you are concerned about.
What if I miss a dose? It is not harmful if you miss a dose. However, if you have been taking it for several weeks, you will have gotten used to it and you may experience withdrawal symptoms if you forget to take it.
- Are you used to taking a tablet two or three times a day and have you forgotten one? Never take a double dose. You can, however, catch up with the tablet if you take the next tablet at least three hours later.
- If you are taking this medicine once a day , will it be more than eight hours before you normally take the next dose? Then take the forgotten dose. Will it take less than eight hours? Skip the dose you missed.
Does this medicine interact with other medications? This drug interacts with other drugs. The text below only lists the active ingredients of these drugs, not the brand names. You can check whether your medicine contains one of these active substances in your package leaflet under the heading ‘composition’. The drugs with which the main interactions occur are the following. Other drugs that reduce reaction time. These medicines often have a yellow warning sticker on the packaging .
The effects on responsiveness and coordination capacity are mutually reinforcing. Then alprazolam can work for longer than three days. For example, you will no longer be able to drive a car. The following medications can increase the amount of alprazolam in the blood. This makes the effect and side effects, such as drowsiness, stronger. Consult your doctor if you have been prescribed this combination. They may be able to prescribe you a drug that does not interact with this.
- The antidepressants fluoxetine and fluvoxamine.
- The medicines for cardiovascular disease verapamil and diltiazem.
- The antibiotics erythromycin and clarithromycin.
- The anti- fungal medicines itraconazole, ketoconazole, fluconazole, posaconazole and voriconazole.
- The stomach medicine cimetidine .
- Medicines used for HIV infection : atazanavir, darunavir, fosamprenavir, indinavir, lopinavir, saquinavir and tipranavir.
- Telaprevir, simeprevir and boceprevir , medicines for hepatitis C.
The following medicines reduce the effect of alprazolam. Your doctor will need to take this into account when determining the dose. The doctor may be able to prescribe a drug that does not interact with this.
- The epilepsy medications phenytoin, carbamazepine, barbiturates such as phenobarbital and primidone. Some of these drugs are also used for nerve pain or manic depression .
- The tuberculosis drugs rifabutin and rifampin.
- Medications that St. John’s wort contain . This is also called hypericum and is available without a prescription.
Not sure if any of the above interactions are of interest to you? Please contact your pharmacist or doctor.
Can I use this medicine if I am pregnant, planning to become or breastfeeding? Pregnancy Report it to your doctor and pharmacist as soon as you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant soon. Not enough is known about the use of this medicine during pregnancy to know for sure whether it is safe. Therefore, weigh the severity of your condition against the risk to the child with your doctor. Do NOT take this medicine from the eighth month of pregnancy. When used after the eighth month, your child may be so dazed and floppy after birth that it has difficulty breathing. In addition, withdrawal symptoms may develop in the baby. Breast-feeding If you want to breast-feed, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This drug passes into breast milk. It can then cause side effects in the child. Your doctor may be able to (temporarily) prescribe a different medicine that you can use safely.
Have you used it for a long time? Then the following information is important to you.
- After a few weeks to months of use, you may have gotten used to the feeling that this medicine makes you. For example, you only dare to leave the house with the drug. If you notice this, please contact your doctor for advice on tapering off.
- After a few weeks to months of use, you should taper off slowly. If you stop suddenly, you may have withdrawal symptoms within a few days. For example palpitations, insomnia, anxiety, irritability, a rushed feeling, muscle cramps, tremors and hypersensitivity to light, sound and touch.
- These withdrawal symptoms are difficult to distinguish from symptoms of anxiety and tension. It then seems as if the complaints for which you originally received this medicine are coming back. Do not start again with the drug, but try to get rid of your complaints in a different way. Otherwise you run the risk of ending up in a vicious circle.
- If you reduce the dose for a few weeks to months, you will have no or less withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice on a good tapering schedule . Sometimes it is better to switch to a different sedative first, which is easier to taper off.
Xanax retard , buy Xanax retard, order Xanax retard