Lormetazepam 2MG is one of the benzodiazepines. It has a calming, muscle relaxant and reduces anxiety. Doctors prescribe Lormetazepam 2MG for insomnia.
Insomnia is referred to when someone has been sleeping poorly for some time and therefore does not function properly during the day. Sleeping problems often arise from stress or worry. But physical complaints such as pain or itching can also cause insomnia.
If you come to your doctor with sleep problems, the doctor will usually not prescribe a sedative right away. The doctor will first try to remedy the cause of the sleep complaints, for example with a painkiller if you suffer from pain. Or with soothing advice if you stay awake mainly due to worrying. Some of these advices are.
- Exercise during the day or early in the evening.
- Do something relaxing an hour before going to sleep.
- Don’t take naps during the day.
- Keep a steady rhythm during the time you go to bed and get up.
- Do not have coffee in the evening.
- Do not take alcohol to sleep.
- Do not take solid food for two to three hours before going to bed.
- Provide a quiet, cool bedroom and a nice bed.
- Do not use the bedroom as a work, study or TV room.
- If you can’t sleep, get up and do something else in another room. Do not go back to bed until you are tired.
If these measures do not help or are not possible for you, the doctor may prescribe this medicine for a few days.
Lormetazepam 2MG Lormetazepam has a muscle relaxant, calming effect and makes you drowsy. It thus promotes that you fall asleep and sleep better. This medicine is especially suitable if you have difficulty falling asleep and if you expect to wake up often during the night.
Lormetazepam You will become drowsy and calm within fifteen to thirty minutes of taking it. Therefore, make sure that you are at home, do not have to do complicated jobs and can easily reach your bed. The effect lasts for about ten to twelve hours. This sleeping aid only works well if you use it occasionally, for example every three days. With daily use, the effect decreases as your body gets used to the effect.
Side effects Lormetazepam 2MG
The main side effects are the following. Sometimes
- Headache and rarely dizziness. These side effects usually go away after some time as you get used to the drug.
Rarely, very rarely also the next day
- Drowsiness, drowsiness and fatigue. This reduces your ability to react and concentrate, which increases the risk of accidents. Accidents can also occur in traffic, when climbing a ladder, operating equipment or during surveillance and control activities. But you are also more likely to fall if you have to get out of bed at night to go to the toilet.
- Muscle weakness, feeling of weakness in muscles. This side effect can cause other complaints, such as blurred or double vision due to a temporary effect on the eye muscles, urinary incontinence or difficulty in passing urine; these side effects arise due to insufficient control of the bladder muscle, falls, mainly because this drug also reduces coordination; especially the elderly and people with muscle diseases are at risk of this, and people with myasthenia gravis (a serious muscle disease) are more likely to suffer from this disease. Consult your doctor if the symptoms worsen (such as general muscle weakness, double vision, closing eyelids, difficulty swallowing, chewing or breathing).
- Think more slowly, concentrate more and be less alert. These complaints may increase if you use this medicine for a longer period of time.
- Gastrointestinal disorders, such as nausea, vomiting, constipation, upper stomach pain and dry mouth. These side effects occur mainly at the beginning of the treatment. Does it continue to bother you after a few days? Then contact your doctor.
- Sweating and palpitations.
- Rash and itching. Usually this is harmless, but (very rarely) the symptoms can be serious. If the rash looks unusual, if it affects you, or if you also develop a fever or blisters, see your doctor.
- Dependence. You may experience withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking it. The chance of this is very small with short-term use. People who use this medicine daily for longer than two weeks have a high chance of this. Therefore, always taper off gradually if you have been taking this medicine daily for more than two weeks.
- Reduced effectiveness if you use this drug every day for more than two weeks. The medicine then no longer works or works less well for sleeping. Therefore, use this medication only occasionally or for periods of up to two weeks.
- Memory loss of events that occur while you are taking this drug. For example, night events.
- Less sex drive.
Consult your doctor if you experience too much of any of the above side effects or if you experience any other side effects that you are concerned about.
Are you unable to sleep at night and do you still want to take this sleeping aid? This is possible, but keep in mind that the sleeping aid will work for a long time. It is difficult to wake up and you have a reduced ability to react during the day. There are sleeping tablets that have a shorter effect. Consult your doctor, he may be able to prescribe you a shorter-acting sleep medication for these situations.